Oil & Gas Cases
Attorney, Robert Davant is licensed in both Pennsylvania and Texas and has extensive experience related to Oil & Gas, litigation related to royalty interests, negotiations regarding the lease and sale of mineral interests, pipeline litigation and many other issues that inevitably arise.
Negotiations & Disputes Between Parties to Oil & Gas Agreements
With the proliferation of drilling in the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania, many opportunities and disputes have developed. Davant & Associates is prepared to help resolve matters between property owners and mineral company lessees. Issues in the oil and gas field include failure to pay royalties and bonuses, failure to properly reclaim property, failure to produce (and hold a lease by production), and other potential breach of contract matters.
A coal or oil and gas company does not always perform pursuant to the terms of a lease. Claims might involve leaving you with damaged surface property, water loss, unpaid royalties, pollution, conflicting land surveys, right of way issues, mining and mine subsidence and other problems.
Work Site Injuries
Injuries related to oil and gas operations are very often catastrophic and fatalities are a reality. Workers may believe that they are only eligible for workman compensation for injuries sustained on a work site, but this is not always the case. It may be possible to file a personal injury lawsuit under certain circumstances including:
- The drilling company, contractors or subcontractors knew about defects and did nothing;
- Supervisors allowed OSHA or safety violations;
- Defective rig tools, components, fire hazards or other aspects of drilling operations;
- Contractors/ supervisors failed to warn about known dangers;
- Engineering defects or flaws;
- Other potential hazards as a result of defective design, materials or known dangers.
- Third Party Injuries
Third parties may also be injured or killed as a result of negligence or misconduct related to drilling operations. Carelessness, recklessness and negligence may result in:
- Natural gas explosions;
- Livestock damage;
- Property damage
- Toxic torts
- Breach of Contract
- Governmental interference without compensation for mineral rights